- Related Products
Fibrelime is based on a traditional 3:1 ratio (aggregate to lime) mortar using non-hydraulic (fat or pure) lime, a well graded sharp sand, with the inclusion of polypropylene monofilament fibres.
It is suitable for use in sustainable and historic buildings as well as in modern building applications.
Our factory blended Fibrelime is thoroughly mixed and the excellent dispersion capabilities of the fibres ensures even distribution throughout the mix.
Fibrelime is now seen as an acceptable alternative to haired limes and offers many advantages in its use as a plaster or render in a one coat application.
- Use as a one coat system up to 30mm – will not “slump” or sag – improved cohesiveness
- Flexible and with a high resistance to shrinkage and cracking
- Reduced bleeding
- Greater adhesion to various substrates
- Much improved and even distribution of fibres throughout the mix – no balling or “clumps”
- Breathable, allows moisture to evaporate
- No degradation of the fibres in-situ
- Enhanced shelf life of stored product
A key feature of Fibrelime is that it can be used on many substrates;
- Metal & timber laths
- Lightweight blocks
- Stone & brick including soft bricks
- Earth, cob & reed
- Woodwool boards
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!